A metal roof is considered an extremely reliable and durable roof for both residential and commercial use. They are a more sustainable alternative to shingled roofs. Not only do these roofs last a long time, but they can also make a home energy efficient by keeping it cool and warm according to the season.
But, metal roofs in Atlanta can come with their own challenges, including leaks, scuffing and scratching, corrosion, and ponding water. All these problems can be easily rectified by a metal roof coating. It is best that you hire a professional roofing company in Atlanta.
What Is Metal Roof Coating?
A metal roof coating or sealer is an added layer of protection for your roof that stops leaks and prevents it from rusting. This coating is ceramic in nature and it is put on like paint. With high-quality ceramic elements in an acrylic emulsion, it forms a very thin layer and is sprayed on the metal roof. When it is dried, it forms a thin but hard protective layer that keeps moisture, dust, and air away from the metal roof underneath.
What Are the Benefits of a Coating for a Metal Roof in Atlanta?
Like we mentioned before, once you apply a ceramic-metal roof coat to your metal roof, it forms a protective layer over the roof and protects it from wear and tear. Here are some additional benefits of coating your metal roof in Atlanta:
- Extend the life of your roof by applying an elastomeric metal roof coating which will protect your metal roof from the elements. This can elongate your roof’s life by as much as twenty years.
- Your house can become energy efficient with a metal roof coating. In particular, a white roof coating can prevent the absorption of UV rays and ease your HVAC system by keeping the building cooler.
- Prevent frequent re-installations as the damaged coating can be repaired with a fresh coat. You will need a smaller team to get the job done in a quicker time frame. This will save you from roof re-installation costs.
- An elastomeric roof coating can actually add a layer of strong and durable protection to the roof during high winds.
- Birds can cause a lot of damage to a metal roof by scratching and scuffing. A good roof coating can prevent this and increase the life of the roof.
Investing in a metal roof coating in Atlanta is always a good idea if you want to reduce the number of roof installations on your house and repair costs as well. Remember to engage a professional roof installation and repair company in Atlanta to apply the coat and repair it when needed.
Can a Metal Roof Coating Stop and Prevent Roof Leaks?
Roof leaks are one of the biggest causes of roof re-installations and repairs. You’ll be glad to know that not only can metal roof coats stop roof leaks, they can also prevent future leaks. It can seal small holes and damage that immediately stops leaks and damage caused by them. Also, when you coat the entire roof, there will be no threat of further leaks.
Should You Add an Extra Layer of Roof Sealers on Your Metal Roof in Atlanta?
Yes, after a base coat of the metal coating is applied to your roof. You can add a coat of sealer as well. They have the following added benefits:
- They make your roof waterproof
- They give UV protection to the roof.
- They prevent mold buildup
- They reduce heating and cooling costs
How to Choose the Best Metal Roof Coating in Atlanta?
There is an overwhelming variety of coatings available for a metal roof in Atlanta. You need to keep in mind the budget you have and also ensure that you are choosing a high-quality material that will get the job done. If you choose a coating that is too cheap, you may end up with cracks and wear and tear. You need a coating that goes on the roof easily and forms a uniform and hard layer against the elements.
The best option available to you is to engage an Atlanta roofing company. We’ve been installing and repairing metal roofs in Atlanta with 100% customer satisfaction and we use top-of-the-line materials for your metal roof coating. Our professionals are licensed for roofing installation and repair. We work at our client’s convenience and ensure we get the job done on time. Call us for a free consultation and we will give you all the options available for your metal roof coating.